Full-time, salary, on-site
Chastain & Associates LLC is seeking a Land Surveyor with one year of experience to work full-time from our Lafayette, Indiana office location. The Land Surveyor will work on various design, development and construction projects throughout central and northwest Indiana in a fast-paced environment with the desire to learn and take on increasing levels of responsibility.
- Licensed Land Surveyor in Indiana or the potential for licensure.
- Minimum of one year of experience as a Land Surveyor working on transportation or infrastructure improvement related projects.
- Working knowledge of survey data collection procedures and field survey methods and techniques.
- Proficient in operating Trimble GPS/VRS, and Data Collectors.
- Ability to work year-round in an outdoor environment.
- Strong oral and written communication, presentation skills, and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Read and interpret construction drawings, recorded survey documents, maps, plats and deeds.
- Manage, download, and transfer survey data files and site photos to internal project folders.
- Keep accurate, detailed, and professional notes and sketches related to all phases of survey work.
- Strong technical, oral and writing communication skills, as well as a keen understanding of land surveying principles, and budgets.
- Proper use and care of survey equipment and vehicles.
- Perform Quality Assurance/Quality Checks on all projects to uphold Chastain’s principle of superior service to all our clients.
- Comply with guidelines and regulations including permits, and safety programs.
- Work with staff and assist other departments within Chastain with project support.
- Medical Insurance
- Paid Dental Insurance
- Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan (401K/Roth)
- Annual Incentive Plan
- Vacation and Holiday Time
Chastain's projects include anything from grading plans and utility systems to street upgrades and so much more! We offer competitive salaries and benefits according to individual education and work experience. We promote work-life balance for our employees by offering flexible work hours, a hybrid work plan, and paid time off. Our company culture aims to sustain and grow each of us professionally and individually to further serve YOU and our valued clients.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.