Civil Engineer II
$70,000 - $90,000
Full-time, salary, hybrid work schedule
Chastain & Associates, LLC (Chastain) has an exciting opportunity for a Civil Engineer II working with public or private infrastructure projects in our Rockford Office. Qualified candidates will work in a collaborative environment with our team and alongside clients from private to municipal, state, and federal jurisdictions.
- Bachelor's of Science in Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience
- Ability to take and pass the Fundamentals of Engineering (F.E) exam, or have already.
- Familiarity with engineering concepts and principles.
- Ability to understand and generate construction plans and documents.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, Microstation and/or other engineering software packages.
- Ability to work within a team environment to develop civil engineering projects.
- Research codes and ordinances, and apply them to designs.
- Perform and document engineering calculations, assessments, proposals and alternatives.
- Ability to write technical reports.
- Attend meetings and make presentations to the public and/or agencies on behalf of the client.
- Provide construction observation services and inspections.
- Responsible for Quality Assurance and Quality Control on designs and calculations.
- Medical Insurance
- Paid Dental Insurance
- Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan (401K/Roth)
- Annual Incentive Plan
- Vacation and Holiday Time
Chastain's projects include anything from grading plans and utility systems to street upgrades and so much more! We offer competitive salaries and benefits according to individual education and work experience. We promote work-life balance for our employees by offering flexible work hours, a hybrid work plan, and paid time off. Our company culture aims to sustain and grow each of us professionally and individually to further serve YOU and our valued clients.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.