Principal Civil Engineer, P.E
Full-time, Salary, On-site
Chastain & Associates, LLC (Chastain) has an exciting opportunity for a Principal Civil Engineer, P.E. working with public or private infrastructure projects in our Schaumburg Office. Qualified candidates will work in a collaborative environment with our team and alongside clients from private to municipal, state, and federal jurisdictions.
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering.
- Minimum of ten years of experience in Civil Engineering working on highway transportation and municipal projects.
- Minimum of three years of experience with departmental and personnel management.
- Extensive knowledge with the department function and operational processes.
- Knowledge of design and visualizations software such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D, ArcGIS or similar programs.
- Strong oral and written communication, presentation skills, and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Management of all office projects life cycle from start to finish and within specified budget.
- Collaborate with our Operations Team comprised of other Office Managers to ensure processes and procedures are working effectively across the firm.
- Review engineering reports and opportunities to improve overall service and quality of work provided.
- Uphold company values and demonstrate quality leadership in all aspects of the job.
- Monitor projects for expected progression and that all key milestones/goals are met.
- Review projects for potential risks, materials use and costs and provides guidance when needed to ensure project completion and client satisfaction.
- Ensure Quality Assurance/Quality Checks on all projects are in place to uphold Chastain’s principle of superior service to all our clients.
- Perform business development efforts to engage with and maintain excellent relationships with current clients and seek opportunities for future clients.
- Medical Insurance
- Paid Dental Insurance
- Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan (401K/Roth)
- Annual Incentive Plan
- Vacation and Holiday Time
Chastain's projects include anything from grading plans and utility systems to street upgrades and so much more! We offer competitive salaries and benefits according to individual education and work experience. We promote work-life balance for our employees by offering flexible work hours, a hybrid work plan, and paid time off. Our company culture aims to sustain and grow each of us professionally and individually to further serve YOU and our valued clients.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.