Principal Civil Engineer III
$95,700 - $125,000
Full-time, Salary, On-site
Chastain & Associates, LLC (Chastain) has an exciting opportunity for a Principal Civil Engineer III working with public or private infrastructure projects in our Paris Office. Qualified candidates will work in a collaborative environment with our team and alongside clients from private to municipal, state, and federal jurisdictions.
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer in the State of Illinois
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Project Manager working on water and wastewater, land development and municipal projects
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with departmental and personnel management.
- Knowledge of design and visualizations software such as AutoCAD Civil 3D, ArcGIS or similar programs.
- Strong oral and written communication, presentation skills, and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Management of project life cycle from start to finish and within specified budget.
- Create, design, and prepare plans, specifications and estimates for multiple projects.
- Interpret specifications and drawings, recommend and document design modifications and coordinate with the design team.
- Conduct on site investigations and carry out technical and feasibility studies, test and assess materials, and perform necessary data collection and calculations in areas such as traffic forecasting, soil capacity, groundwater analysis, and structural design.
- Monitor project for potential risks, materials use and costs and report any deficiencies or issues to aid with quick resolution.
- Perform Quality Assurance/Quality Checks on all projects to uphold Chastain’s principle of superior service to all our clients.
- Comply with guidelines and regulations including permits, safety programs, and deliver technical files and other technical documentation as required.
- Work with staff and assist other departments within Chastain with project support.
- Client relationship management and active sourcing for a new business generation.
- Medical Insurance
- Paid Dental Insurance
- Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan (401K/Roth)
- Annual Incentive Plan
- Vacation and Holiday Time
Chastain's projects include anything from grading plans and utility systems to street upgrades and so much more! We offer competitive salaries and benefits according to individual education and work experience. We promote work-life balance for our employees by offering flexible work hours, a hybrid work plan, and paid time off. Our company culture aims to sustain and grow each of us professionally and individually to further serve YOU and our valued clients.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.